Date(s) - 06/05/2019
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
San Francisco LGBT Center
1800 Market Street, Room 201, Red Room
San Francisco, CA, 94109
Join NCCLF’s New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) experts for an in-depth overview and group conversation about NMTC financing.
Learn about the NMTC program, which provides millions in low-cost private capital to a wide array of organizations located in under-invested areas throughout the United States. Closer to home, we will discuss the creative ways in which NCCLF has deployed its NMTCs to capitalize high-impact and innovative projects to spur economic development, foster the arts, increase access to healthy foods, create good jobs, and deliver critical human services.
Topics to be covered:
- History of the NMTC program and future outlook
- Project eligibility and creative ways to make ineligible projects eligible
- The basic NMTC financial transaction and the key players, including Community Development Entities (CDEs), like NCCLF
- How this financial structure leverages the capital raised by the project sponsor from public and private funding sources to maximize NMTC benefits to provide essential gap financing
- Community Benefits Agreements, which measure and document the community impacts of the project
- The key roles played by NMTC consultants, attorneys and project sponsors to achieve successful financing results for high-impact projects
- Keys to financing a successful project with NMTC financing
- Case Studies: applying NMTCs to successful local projects
- Q & A
- David Wilkinson, NCCLF Senior Real Estate Consultant
- Kelly Ehrenfeld, NCCLF Real Estate Consultant
- Luis A. Rodriguez, Partner, Goldfarb & Lipman LLP
- Rafael Yaquian, Partner, Goldfarb & Lipman LLP
This workshop will be held at the SF LGBT Center, one of NCCLF’s NMTC clients. To learn more about our work on this project, click here.
Scholarships are available! For more information, please contact Juan Jaimez at firstname.lastname@example.org.