How We Help
NCCLF loans and training programs target hundreds of nonprofit organizations that provide essential services to low- and very low-income families and communities in Northern California. We focus our efforts on the least-served communities, whose projects may have the greatest difficult qualifying for loans from traditional lenders. Here are some of the ways we help:
- Providing high-impact loans at affordable rates and flexible terms to community organizations unable to obtain financing from conventional lenders;
- Offering technical assistance to nonprofit groups in such core financial-management areas as budgeting, financial reporting, and accounting controls;
- Supplying grants and technical assistance to nonprofits that want to acquire permanently affordable program and office space;
- Linking socially concerned investors and community organizations that need affordable capital and;
- Engaging in advocacy and public education to attract new resources and build public awareness of community development issues.